WASHINGTON -- A member of Congress is requesting a hearing on the Washington Redskins name, calling it "another example of raci

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 16.10.2019 05:49

WASHINGTON -- A member of Congress is requesting a hearing on the Washington Redskins name, calling it "another example of racial insensitivity in sports" in the wake of Donald Sterlings lifetime ban from the NBA. Tracy Mcgrady Hawks Jersey . Rep. Henry Waxman, D-Calif., sent a letter Friday to the chairman of the Committee on Energy and Commerce citing the derogatory nature of the word "redskins" and suggesting the committee use its influence to persuade team owner Dan Snyder and the NFL to change the name. Waxman appears unlikely to get the hearing before the committee, which is chaired by Rep. Fred Upton, R-Mich., and oversees professional sports. "The committee really hasnt been focused on the names of pro sports teams," committee spokeswoman Charlotte Baker said Friday in an email, "and there are no plans to schedule a hearing on this issue." Waxman pointed that Los Angeles Clippers owner Sterlings recent ban resulted from racist comments made in a private, then added: "In the case of the Washington football team, the offensive conduct is public, not private." "Unlike NBA Commissioner (Adam) Silver, the commissioner of the National Football League, Roger Goodell, has publicly defended the owner," Waxman wrote. "In fact, he stated in a letter that the name is a unifying force that stands for strength, courage, pride and respect." Waxman suggested the committee could call both Snyder and Goodell as witnesses to explain "how their actions are consistent with the public interest." The Redskins declined comment on Waxmans letter. Snyder has vowed never to change the name, calling it a "badge of honour." Charlie Brown Hawks Jersey .com) - Winnipeg Jets defenseman Dustin Byfuglien, Detroit Red Wings forward Tomas Tatar and New York Islanders right wing Kyle Okposo were named the NHLs players of the week on Monday. Charlie Brown jersey . 5 Trade Deadline isnt that far away and teams will be making decisions on whether to buy, sell and decide which players can make the biggest difference and hold the greatest value. https://www.thehawkslockerroom.com/Kevin-Huerter-City-Edition-Jersey/ .? It was his second straight start for the Jets; he suffered a 1-0 loss against Minnesota Monday. So this season Hutchinson has now won games in the ECHL, AHL and NHL. He was perfect three- for-three in the shootout to nail down the win.6. Who is your favourite current wrestler?Respect the Alberto Del Rio7. Which wrestler do you still talk to the most often?The jabroni Nikolai Volkov, still I love him 8. When was the last time you saw The Ultimate Warrior before his recent passing?I dont remember9. Are there any wrestlers that you still dont like personally?VIRGIL, BRIAN BLAIR, I USE SAY F___ THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR BUT HE DIE NOW SO I DONT TALK BAD ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO DIE10. When you watch wrestling now, what has changed the most?Now different than before. Now the talent they dont have character like the Jake the Snake, Junk Yarrd Dog, Iron Sheik. Jeremy Lin Jersey. . Now they dont have same character. Still #1 company WWE11. You and Jose Canseco were together at an event last year. Did you say anything to him?I see that jabroni Jose Canseco, he try to get smart with me but he know I could break his neck and he said "Sheikie Baby, I love you, you are the legend" that way he show me the respect and now I am the legend, now I love him even if he have the raisin balls12. Finally, where do you stand with Hulk Hogan now. Is he a legend or a jabroni?Hulk Hogan, he ok with me, but still he the half and half ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Dodgers have acquired second baseman Darwin Barney in a trade with the Chicago Cubs. [url=https:
Monique Lamoureux, Brianna Decker and Amanda Kessel all scored within 55 seconds in the first period as the United States rompe

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz