Monique Lamoureux, Brianna Decker and Amanda Kessel all scored within 55 seconds in the first period as the United States rompe

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 16.10.2019 05:44

Monique Lamoureux, Brianna Decker and Amanda Kessel all scored within 55 seconds in the first period as the United States romped to a 9-0 victory over Switzerland on Monday to all-but clinch a spot in the Olympic womens hockey semifinals. Bam Adebayo Jersey . It was the quickest three-goal sequence in Olympic history, with the latter two coming just eight seconds apart. Kessel, Lamoureux and Kendall Coyne all scored twice for the Americans, and Molly Schaus made 10 saves in her Sochi debut. With a 2-0 winning record, the U.S. is in position for a spot in the medal round regardless of what happens on Wednesday in the game against Canada, the marquee matchup of the round-robin. Canada was scheduled to play Finland on Monday night in its last tuneup before the North American grudge match. Switzerland lost for the second time and likely is headed for a spot in the quarterfinals against one of the top two teams in the bottom-tier. Hilary Knight and Alex Carpenter also scored for the United States, which led 5-0 after one period and outshot the Swiss 53-10. Florence Schelling, who played at Northeastern, made 42 saves for Switzerland against Schaus, of Boston College, on the morning of the Beanpot finals where their schools will play for the mens hockey bragging rights of Boston. The biggest mismatch so far in the womens hockey round-robin was scoreless for half a period before Lamoureaux gave the Americans the lead and Decker added one 47 seconds later. Kessel got the puck off the ensuing faceoff, skated into the zone on the left side, passed the puck to herself off the boards to get around a defender and then cut in front of the net, where she beat Schelling. Lamoreaux made it 6-0 in the second period. In the third period, Coyne had a shot that convinced the goal judge to turn on the red light, but play continued until Kessel put the puck in the net a few minutes later. After video review, Coynes goal was verified and the time was put back on the clock, negating Kessels apparent score. Derrick Jones Jersey . -- Derek Jeter spoke for 25 minutes, 44 seconds and answered 26 questions about his decision to retire at the end of this season. Dwyane Wade Heat Jersey .com) - Manu Ginobili capped off a 26-point night with a go-ahead layup with 24 seconds left in overtime, with the basket giving the San Antonio Spurs a much-needed 95-93 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans. https://www.heatlockerroom.com/Justise-Winslow-City-Edition-Jersey/ . Both the top-seeded Djokovic and sixth-seeded Fish took relatively easy paths, with the Serb winning when opponent Jo-Wilfried Tsonga retired in the second set with a sore arm and Fish dominating Janko Tipsarevic in two quick sets.FUKUOKA, Japan - Yuzuru Hanyu of Japan beat three-time world champion Patrick Chan of Canada with a record score to lead the short program at the Grand Prix Final on Thursday. Skating to "Parisian Walkways," Hanyu opened with a quad toe-loop and hit all his other jumps to the delight of a sellout crowd at Marine Messe. His 99.84 points surpassed the previous high of 98.52 by Chan at the Trophee Bompard last month. "I was surprised when I saw the score," Hanyu said. "All my jumps were very good. I lost a bit of concentration near the end and need to improve that but now I have to focus on the free skate." Chan hit his opening quad toe-loop, triple toe-loop combination but touched the ice on the landing of his triple axel and doubled a planned triple lutz to finish with 87.47. "Im not super happy with how I skated," Chan said. "When you achieve close to pperfection like I did in Paris its hard to do it again. Kelly Olynyk Jersey. . Tomorrow is a new day and the long program is where its won and where its lost so well see." Nobunari Oda, a late substitute for injured Japanese compatriot Daisuke Takahashi, finished third with 80.94. Mao Asada led after the womens short program with 72.36 points despite under-rotating her opening triple axel. "The judges saw it as under-rotated but I personally felt good about it," Asada said. "So I wont be worried about it going into the long program." Adelina Sotnikova, one of four Russian skaters in the field, was second with 68.38 followed by Ashley Wagner of the United States who had 68.14. The GP Final is the first and only event where most of the worlds top skaters will meet before the Sochi Olympics. The mens free skate and the ice dance short program are scheduled for Friday. ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

WASHINGTON -- A member of Congress is requesting a hearing on the Washington Redskins name, calling it "another example of raci
DETROIT -- Despite falling a single short of hitting for the cycle in front of his childhood idol, Eugenio Suarez still had a m

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz