WASHINGTON -- Cameron Maybin didnt need to slide to make it safely into second base. [url=http://www.vapormaxgreece.com/]nike ai

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 30.09.2019 07:15

WASHINGTON -- Cameron Maybin didnt need to slide to make it safely into second base. nike air vapormax προσφορες . He did it anyway, and in grandiose style. Welcome back to the majors, Mr. Maybin. Maybin contributed two hits as Ian Kennedy and the San Diego Padres celebrated the return of their centre fielder with a 4-2 victory over the Washington Nationals. Maybin ruptured his left biceps in spring training and missed the Padres first 25 games. He played 10 rehab games with Triple-A El Paso before his call-up on Sunday. The 27-year-old Maybin hit a shot down the third-base line in his first at-bat, sliding in with a double. "Its fun being back in the bigs, being out there with all these guys who I love playing with," Maybin said. "Ian pitched his butt off. Fun being behind a guy like that who can command the zone like he does." Command indeed. Kennedy (2-3) gave up three hits, struck out nine and walked none in seven innings. He retired 16 straight batters at one stretch. After giving up back-to-back doubles to Anthony Rendon and Jayson Werth in the first inning, Kennedy allowed only one more hit. Huston Street closed for his ninth save in nine chances. "First inning, youre kind of like a lot of pitchers, youre trying to feel whats going to work for that moment," Kennedy said. "I feel like I just got ahead of guys more often." Kennedy also received strong support in the field. First baseman Yonder Alonso made two outstanding plays and Will Venable robbed Werth of a potential extra-base hit with a diving catch in the right-field corner. "It kept fading away. I thought it was a double, for sure," Kennedy said. "As soon as he dove, extended, it was a beautiful play." It was reversal from Saturday when the Padres had as many errors (three) as hits in a 4-0 loss. "What a difference 24 hours makes," San Diego manager Bud Black said. "I liked the way our guys bounced back. They put yesterday behind them and we won a ballgame on the road against a good team." It was a tough day all around for Washington. Outfielder Bryce Harper was put on the disabled list with a thumb sprain. Starting pitcher Taylor Jordan woke up with a fever and laboured through four innings with low velocity. Ross Detwiler (0-1) and Aaron Barrett were ineffective in relief. "I dont know if its the flu or what," Nationals manager Matt Williams said of Jordan. "There was some question as to whether he would even start. Gave him a bag of fluids and he ate something this morning, but fastball velocity was way down, weak out there. So he gave us what he could today." Nate McLouth hit his first home run for the Nationals. Starting in left field for Harper, McLouth entered the game with an .097 batting average. Trailing 1-0 in the fourth, the Padres tied it when Chris Denorfia walked, Yasmani Grandal doubled and Jedd Gyorko had a sacrifice fly. The go-ahead run came an inning later off Detwiler as Everth Cabrera singled, stole second, advanced to third on a wild pitch and scored on Denorfias single. Singles by Venable, Maybin and pinch-hitter Nick Hundley loaded the bases in the sixth inning. After Barrett fanned Kennedy for the second out, he walked Cabrera on four pitches to force one run home and walked Denorfia on a 3-2 pitch. Afterward, it was time for the Padres to celebrate the win and Maybins return. "Hes obviously a very dynamic player, capable of doing everything well on the field," Denorfia said. "More than anything we really missed him in the clubhouse. Were really happy to have him back." NOTES: To make room for Maybin, the Padres sent pitcher Kevin Quackenbush to Triple-A El Paso. ... Nationals RHP Doug Fister made his first of two scheduled rehab starts at Single-A Potomac on Sunday, throwing 59 pitches, including 42 strikes. ... Washington will have days off before and after a two-game series at Houston that begins on Tuesday when LHP Gio Gonzalez (3-1, 3.00) faces RHP Jarred Cosart (1-2, 6.12). ... San Diego travels to San Francisco for a three-game series starting Monday with RHP Tyson Ross (2-3, 3.16) opposing LHP Madison Baumgarner (2-2, 3.14). nike vapormax plus Προσφορες . Hes had three top-10 results this season and feels ready to put it all together and finally hoist a trophy at the top level. nike vapormax greece . THE MICHAEL JORDAN FLU GAME First this famous basketball moment. The story goes like this. “Game 5, known as "The Flu Game", was one of Michael Jordans most memorable. http://www.vapormaxgreece.com/nike-vapormax-2019-greece.html . Though the 26-year-old said he was able to participate, coach Dwane Casey kept Johnson out as a precaution.FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Rob Gronkowski looked "almost Gronk-esque" on Sunday as he practiced in full pads for the first time since having back surgery. The star tight end for the New England Patriots participated in drills with his teammates during the 15 minutes reporters were allowed to observe the start of practice. Gronkowski isnt expected to play in the first few games but wasnt placed on the physically unable to perform list, a move that would have required him to miss at least the first six games of the season. "He looked good," tight end Michael Hoomanawanui. "He looked almost Gronk-esque." In his three NFL seasons, Gronkowski has been chosen for two Super Bowls and caught 187 passes for 38 touchdowns despite missing the last five regular-season games last year. Hes had four operations this year, three on his broken left forearm and one on his back on June 18. He had another forearm surgery last year after breaking it on Nov. 18 while blocking on an extra point against the Indianapolis Colts. Gronkowski walked into the locker room with a smile Sunday and told reporters he would speak with them later in the week. The other two tight ends were glad to see him working out in pads. During training camp, he frequently watched practice from the sideline while dressed in a T-shirt and shorts. "It was very cool to see him out there" on Sunday, said tight end Zach Sudfeld, who made the team as a rookie free agent from Nevada. "This is the first time Ive been able to practice and have him be out there, so it was a great experience." The cheerful Gronkowski has attended team and positional meetings and watched film, so he hasnt been a stranger to his teammates. Practicing with him, though, provided "a little sense of normality," Hoomanawanui said, "Its definitely great to have him out there back with the team even though we see him each and every day in every meeting. Were used to that, but just to have him out there -- Gronk being Gronk -- kind of lifts everyones spirits, helps the team out." Last years other star tight end, Aaron Hernandez, is being held without bbail on a murder charge. nike vapormax plus γυναικεια. The Patriots released veteran tight ends Jake Ballard and Daniel Fells on Saturday. That left just Gronkowski, Hoomanawanui and Sudfeld as tight end on the roster. Sudfeld was expected to make the team after a strong preseason but was thrilled to get the official word on Saturday. "I was very excited, obviously," he said. "Its kind of a childhood dream come true to make the team in the NFL. But, at this point, Im trying to look forward because theres a lot of work that has to be done. ... Now the real work begins." At 6-feet-7 and 260 pounds, Sudfeld is about the same size as Gronkowski. "Hes been teaching me a lot," Sudfeld said. "Just for him to be able to show me the ropes a little bit has been really good." Hoomanawanui is three inches shorter than Sudfeld and has greater versatility, sometimes lining up in the backfield. He played 14 games for the Patriots last year after being released by the St. Louis Rams on the final mandatory cut. He has 25 catches in 30 NFL games. He took a pay cut this year to stay with the Patriots. "Its tough going from team to team. Ive done that once before, last year, and the learning curve is tough," he said. "Usually, the guys that pick up on it are the guys thatll stick around. ... Being able to come back here in the off-season, in the spring, in training camp, definitely helped my cause." So did his ability to fill different roles. "Since I got here that has always been my (goal), to do whatever it is that (coach Bill Belichick) needs me to do to help them win," he said. "I think coaches have noticed that and Ive taken it to heart and really worked on that. So thats why Im still here." Hes here practicing, again, with Gronkowski. "Hes the same each and every day," Hoomanawanui said. "Theres really no highs and lows with him, no matter the situation, and I think thats maybe the greatest characteristic of all. Hes obviously a great football player, but things he brings to the meetings and the team each and every day are pretty special, too." ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

CLEVELAND -- The New York Yankees got a major boost from their young pitchers Monday night. [url=http://www.scarpenmdscontate.it
DALLAS -- Dirk Nowitzki passed Jerry West on the NBA scoring list from a familiar spot: behind the 3-point line. [url=https://ww

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz