with the Eskimos down 31-3

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 21.03.2020 09:01

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- A disputed call went the Bengals way -- not that they absolutely needed it. Cheap Red Wings Jerseys . Getting Andy Dalton back in form was quite enough. Dalton regained his passing touch in time to keep the Bengals perfect at home and in control of the AFC North on Sunday. He threw for three touchdowns and ran for another in a 42-28 victory over Andrew Luck and the Indianapolis Colts. The Bengals (9-4) kept their firm grip on first place, two games ahead of Baltimore with three to play. "Were on a roll," middle linebacker Rey Maualuga said. "At the beginning of the year, we had three goals. We wanted to be undefeated at home, win the AFC North and eventually be world champions. "Were close to the goals we wanted to get to. Weve got to be good from here out." It had been a while since Dalton was this good. He was the AFCs offensive player for October, but hadnt put together a consistent game since. He was as good as ever on Sunday, helping the Bengals improve to 6-0 at Paul Brown Stadium on a cold, windy day -- 28 degrees at kickoff with a wind chill of 19. "We know what were capable of, and weve got some momentum now," said Dalton, who was 24 of 35 for 275 yards without a sack or interception. "But weve got to keep it going." BenJarvus Green-Ellis had a pair of 1-yard touchdown runs -- one of them on a review that overturned a call -- as the Bengals got ahead 21-0 and held on. The Colts (8-5) had another slow start in the cold, falling behind 21-0 before Luck threw four touchdown passes to keep them close. They never caught up as Dalton got the better of a head-to-head matchup of up-and-coming quarterbacks from Texas. Despite the loss, the Colts clinched the AFC South later Sunday when Denver beat Tennessee 51-28. Indianapolis is in the playoffs but has some major concerns. The Colts were drubbed 40-11 in Arizona two games ago and needed Adam Vinatieris five field goals to beat Tennessee 22-14 last week. "Weve got some things to clean up, but we certainly came down here with the mindset that we wanted to win this football game and certainly win the division that way," coach Chuck Pagano said. The Bengals are having their best season at home since 1988, when they won all eight regular-season home games and two playoff games on the way to a second Super Bowl appearance and loss to San Francisco. Theyre in position to clinch their first AFC North title since 2009 with two home games in the last three weeks. Dalton was sharp from the outset, completing 6 of 7 for 81 yards on the Bengals first drive, including a 29-yard touchdown pass to Marvin Jones. The Colts have been outscored 49-9 in the first quarters of their past six games. The Bengals got a pivotal touchdown on a reversed call with 1:06 left in the first half. They went for it on fourth down from the Colts 1-yard line. Green-Ellis took the handoff and appeared to get tripped by nose tackle Josh Chapman, who dived into the backfield and swiped at his feet. "I hit his foot when he came through," said Chapman, who started celebrating his play. Green-Ellis said he felt someone trip him. He stumbled ahead, avoided a couple of defenders, landed at the 1-yard line and slid into the end zone. He was initially ruled down, but the Bengals were awarded a touchdown after a review. The review focused only on whether a defender touched Green-Ellis as he fell near the goal line, not whether Chapman had tripped him in the backfield, referee Jeff Triplette said. "We looked at the goal line, (those) were the shots that we looked at," Triplette said. Trailing 21-0, Luck finally rallied the Colts. He completed a slant pass that DaRick Rogers took 69 yards for a touchdown and another short pass that LaVon Brazill turned into a 19-yard touchdown, slipping through the hands of six defenders. Dalton and the Bengals never let the Colts get closer than seven points. Notes: The Bengals moved 2012 Pro Bowl tackle Andrew Whitworth to left guard, and right guard Kevin Zeitler was out of the lineup for the third straight game because of injury. The Colts were missing guards Hugh Thornton and Jeff Linkenbach. ... Colts RB Chris Rainey will get an MRI on an injured ankle. ... The Bengals have scored 49, 41 and 42 points in their past three home games, the first time theyve scored at least 40 in three straight at home. ... RB Giovani Bernard had 99 yards on 12 carries, coming up a yard short of the first 100-yard rushing game by a Bengal this season. He also had 49 yards on four catches. Custom Detroit Red Wings Jerseys . -- The top-seeded Alberta Pandas set up of an all-Canada West final against arch rival UBC at the CIS womens volleyball championship after a 3-0 win over the No. Detroit Red Wings Pro Shop . PETERSBURG, Florida – Its been almost seven years since the Blue Jays last won a series at Tropicana Field. https://www.cheapredwings.com/ . The 10-horse field of 3-year-old pacers will leave the starting gate at approximately 10:14pm et. Co-owned and trained by David Menary, Hes Watching will be driven by Tim Tetrick and is the 5-1 fourth selection in the field.EDMONTON -- Edmonton Eskimos quarterback Mike Reilly said Tuesday he will start Saturday against Saskatchewan, and dismissed suggestions the team rushed him back too quickly last week from a concussion. "Being a competitor and a guy that loves the game and tries to play with as much passion as you can, you dont ever want to come off the field," Reilly said after practice at Commonwealth Stadium. "But at the same time, Im not an idiot. Ive looked at what has happened to guys that have come back too early (from concussions). Ive seen the newspaper articles about guys committing suicide, having issues with concussions down the road. "As much as I love this game, Im not going to put myself in a bad position." Reilly was concussed on Sept. 28 when he took a pile-driving helmet-to-helmet blow to the back of his head against the Toronto Argonauts. Four days later, he was cleared to practice, and three days after that he was starting against the Montreal Alouettes, despite criticism from fans and media that he was being rushed back in a futile attempt to salvage a lost season. Those fears were stoked when the Eskimos ran essentially a Reilly-lite offence in the loss to Montreal, abandoning his successful scrambling style to keep him in the pocket to throw quick "one steamboat" passes and avoid contact. Reilly said he understood the skepticism, but said a battery of tests from Eskimo and third-party doctors convinced him he was OK. "It was just very difficult for people to really believe that within seven days I was ready to play," he said. "Im not going to put my career in jeopardy for one game. "But if Im ready to play -- and I knew that I was -- and all the proper protocols were passed and Im medically cleared to play, then Im not going to take myself off that field because that sends the wrong message about the way that I play. "It (also) sends the wrong message to my teammates and to the fans that weve given up -- and thats simply not the case. Red Wings Jerseys China. " The 3-11 Eskimos need to win their last four games and have Montreal lose their last four to win a cross-over playoff spot. Reilly was 13 for 21 for 180 yards and two interceptions before he was pulled at halftime against Montreal, with the Eskimos down 31-3. After the game, both Reilly and head coach Kavis Reed admitted to reporters the playbook was altered to keep Reilly away from contact. "We wanted to be very careful in how we used him and managed the game that way," said Reed at the time. "Play-calling wise we wanted to make certain we didnt put him in a situation where he was exposed to protection breakdowns, like running the football and all those things." On Tuesday, however, Reed denied the game plan was adjusted to specifically keep Reilly out of harms way. "We made certain that we had a game plan that the ball was going to come out quickly from Mikes hand because we were playing a high-pressure defence," said Reed. "I said that we did things to get the ball out of (Reillys) hands quickly and to be responsible with our quarterback," he added when asked if he was misinterpreted by reporters. "That was the game plan. (It was) not because of concussion." Regardless, "One Steamboat" Reilly is no more. The quarterback confirmed from here on out the plan will be for him to roam, scramble and improvise. Football doesnt work any other way, he said. "If were going to design plays around the possibility of me getting hurt, I may as well just not play anymore," he said. "Every time you set foot on that field you understand youre at risk from an injury. But if youre playing with that in mind, you arent going to be effective in this league." ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

Cary, NC (SportsNetwork. [url=http://www.custombravesjersey.com/custom-phil-niekro-jersey-large-3 27z.html]Phil Niekro Jersey[/u
DETROIT -- The offensively challenged and banged-up Detroit Red Wings proved to the defending Stanley Cup champions that theyre

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz