PHOENIX -- Chase Anderson said the perfect start to his major league career "feels amazing," and the Arizona Diamondbacks feel t

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 09.09.2019 05:14

PHOENIX -- Chase Anderson said the perfect start to his major league career "feels amazing," and the Arizona Diamondbacks feel the same way about the young right-hander. Cam Fowler Jersey . Anderson pitched seven innings to become the third pitcher since 1998 to win his first five major league starts, leading the Diamondbacks to a 6-5 victory over the Atlanta Braves on Sunday. David Peralta and Paul Goldschmidt each hit a two-run homer in Arizonas six-run seventh inning. It was Peraltas first major league homer. Anderson (5-0) had a career-best eight strikeouts. He allowed two runs and five hits on his way to becoming the first pitcher to win his first five starts since Jered Weaver won seven straight in 2006. "Words dont describe that," Anderson said, "just going 1-0, 2-0. Each time I go out there Im just trying to give the team a chance to win. ... 5-0 feels amazing." The Diamondbacks have scored 45 runs in Andersons five wins. "Geez, when you get that kind of run support its not too hard to go out there and win games," he said. Arizona manager Kirk Gibson said Anderson "really threw one of his strongest games for us. He made a mistake to (Justin Upton). ... But other than that, very good." Upton, Freddie Freeman and Ramiro Pena homered for the Braves, who lost two of three in Arizona. Aaron Harang (4-5) issued six walks in six-plus innings, and was charged with three runs and four hits. Brad Ziegler, closing instead of home run-plagued Addison Reed, gave up a leadoff homer to Pena but retired the next three for his first save of the season. Gibson said Reed "has a tired arm, nothing serious." Harang (4-5) was working on a two-hitter before Aaron Hill led off the seventh with a single. Peralta then drove the next pitch over the wall in centre, tying it at 2. "He threw me a curveball. He just was hanging it," Peralta said. "I just made my best swing. I saw the ball flying and I was just OK, I got that one. It feels good. I couldnt stop laughing or smiling." Peralta went 2 for 4 and is batting .429 in seven games since being called up from Double-A Mobile. Harang then walked Cody Ross and was through for the day. Chris Owings added a two-run single off right-hander David Hale, and Goldschmidt hit one far above the 413-foot sign in left-centre for a 6-2 lead. Owings was hitless in nine at-bats in the series before his base hit. Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez let Harang bat in the sixth. "You have to let him back out there (in the seventh)," Gonzalez said. "Yeah, he had some walks but we felt comfortable that he could manoeuvr through the lineup. A base hit and a two-run homer ties it. That seventh inning just unraveled on us." The Braves responded with two in the eighth, but lost out on an opportunity for more. Freeman connected against Joe Thatcher, and Tommy La Stella had an RBI single. Andrelton Simmons walked to load the bases before Evan Marshall struck out Gerald Laird to end the inning. Atlanta jumped in front on Uptons two-run drive in the sixth, and that looked as if it might be enough for Harang for a while. Peraltas leadoff single in the fifth was Arizonas first hit of the game. The Diamondbacks went on to load the bases on Andersons bunt for his first major league hit, but failed to score. Anderson got some help from his defence in the fifth. Third baseman Martin Prado made a diving stop of Lairds grounder, and then falling backward threw from his right knee to first, where Goldschmidt snagged it on one bounce for the out. NOTES: Atlantas Jason Heyward went 0 for 5, ending his 11-game hitting streak. ... On Monday, Arizona begins a four-game set with the Astros, the first two in Phoenix, the last two in Houston. Josh Collmenter (4-2, 3.63 ERA) starts the opener for Arizona, Jarred Cosart (4-5, 4.16 ERA) goes for the Astros. ... Atlanta moves on to a four-game set in Colorado. On Monday, the Braves send Gavin Floyd (0-2, 2.80 ERA) to the mound against the Rockies Christian Bergman in his major league debut. Josh Manson Ducks Jersey . Goodell said in an ESPN Radio interview Monday (http://es.pn/1gkbauy ) that participants played harder and made the game very competitive. Goodell says he had fun watching the game Sunday and thinks fans did, too. Jakob Silfverberg Ducks Jersey . The 27-year-old forward has informed the Leafs that he will be unable to play in Monday nights home game against the Columbus Blue Jackets. http://www.authenticduckspro.com/Rickard-rakell-ducks-jersey/ . And former Maple Leafs coach Ron Wilson certainly knows his pain. "Its pretty hard to coach there without allowing some of these things to kind of affect you," Wilson told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun in his ESPN.Lee Westwood claims the Ryder Cup is not on his mind as the Englishman targets a strong finish to the season. Westwood, who has never won a major but was joint runner-up at this years Masters, failed to challenge at The Open but finished well with a three-under-par 68 final round.The Worksop golfer gained some valuable points with a solid but unspectacular display at Royal Troon, where he finished one over par overall. Leaderboard The 145th Open And with thoughts turning to The Ryder Cup at Hazeltine, the 43-year-old says he has no thoughts on the tournament in which he has won 18 out of the 37 matches he has taken part in, collating a total of 21 points.Westwood is currently outside the automatic qualification places in Darren Clarkes team but could still make a 10th appearance for Europe this autumn. The Worksop golfer has won 18 out of 37 matches in Ryder Cup He said: Im ticking over picking points up all the time. My consistency is good but I am not really thinking about the Ryder Cup.Im thinking about playing well week-in, week-out and trying to get a win sooner or later. My form is certainly good enough. Westwood is currently outside the automatic qualification places in Darren Clarkes team Westwood believes he is playing at a high levell and is taking positives from the four days in Scotland as he prepares for the final major of the year at Baltusrol Golf Club in New Jersey. Paul Kariya Ducks Jersey. He said: I played poorly the first three days and struggled with my swing a bit. On the first day I was three over after 10 and you cant afford to do that on this golf course.But I may finish inside the top 20 here, so Im playing at a high level.I think any time you finish with a 68 in a major championship you have to take some positives away. Its nice to have something to work on and take it to the PGA Championship.Another Englishman, Matthew Southgate, admitted he was in tears as he walked down the 18th hole, 12 months on from undergoing surgery having been diagnosed with testicular cancer.Words cannot describe how that felt walking down that last hole, said the 27-year-old. 69 is a hell of a score for me on a day which meant so much.I knew where all the family was and there was a big tear rolling down my face when I reached the front of the 18th green. Ive wanted to do that since I was 10 years old and to get out there and do it - words cant describe.I always had the belief inside me Id get over the health issues and be back in an Open Championship but to do it within the year and to have my family here...it is a big achievement for me.If you had asked me last year Id have said it was possible for me to qualify but to finish up there comfortably in the top 20 - no one would have had a bet on that. Watch The Ryder Cup from Hazeltine live on Sky Sports - your proud new home of The Open Also See: Royal Troon leaderboard Spieth eyes Ryder Cup revenge Monty says goodbye to Troon WATCH: Rory snaps his club Five of the best 63s Golf live on Sky Sports ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

Every night of the Stanley Cup playoffs, TSN hockey analyst and former NHL goaltender Jamie McLennan breaks down each goalies pe
CLEVELAND - The Browns have agreed to terms with free agent cornerback Isaiah Trufant, who has connections to new Cleveland coac

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz