LOS ANGELES -- The Dodgers were well aware that Lance Lynn was experiencing blister problems on his middle finger. [url=https://

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 30.08.2019 10:51

LOS ANGELES -- The Dodgers were well aware that Lance Lynn was experiencing blister problems on his middle finger. Wilbert Montgomery Womens Jersey . And for two innings, they showed callous disregard for his fastball -- the only pitch the St. Louis Cardinals right-hander could throw without pain. Andre Ethier and three of his Los Angeles teammates hit RBI doubles during a six-run second inning Saturday en route to a 9-1 victory, enabling Zack Greinke to become the third NL pitcher to reach double digits in wins. "I think everyone could see that Lynn was just getting the fastball across," Ethier said. "And when a guy can only do that and isnt having any luck with anything else, I think its a sign for a hitter to look for a straight heater, dead-red, and wait for that pitch over the plate." Greinke (10-4) allowed a run and four hits over seven innings, struck out 10 and did not walk a batter as the Dodgers won for the 11th time in 15 games. The 2009 AL Cy Young Award winner is 13-2 with a 1.98 ERA in 19 starts following a Dodgers loss since signing a $147 million, six-year contract in December 2012. Lynn (8-6) lasted just two innings and was charged with seven runs, nine hits and two wild pitches. He is 2-4 with a 3.90 ERA in six starts since throwing his first professional shutout May 27 and beating the Mets 6-0 with a career-high 126 pitches. "Honestly, I have blister problems every time I start, but I usually dont have them rip off like they did today," Lynn said. "Im missing a lot of the top part of my finger -- the whole tip, pretty much. I think it dried out, coming from Colorado, and it just ripped off. The wetter it got today, the more it kept going back. But thats a part of pitching. You try to get through those things, and I wasnt able to do that." Los Angeles got an unearned run in the first after back-to-back infield hits by Yasiel Puig and Hanley Ramirez, who returned to the lineup after missing four games with a sore right shoulder. Puig went to third on a fielders choice grounder by Adrian Gonzalez and continued home when shortstop Daniel Descalso dropped the ball on the exchange from his glove to his right hand. The Dodgers, who didnt get an extra-base hit in the first two games of this series, broke it open during Lynns 45-pitch second inning with the doubles by Ethier, Justin Turner, A.J. Ellis and Dee Gordon. Gonzalez and Matt Kemp added two-out RBI singles. "If I threw anything else but the fastball, it hurt. It was burning," Lynn said. "But Im a fastball pitcher, anyway, and they were ready for it. I tried to throw some other pitches, but I just didnt have any feel with it." The defending NL West champs sent 11 batters to the plate during their most productive inning of the season -- including Miguel Rojas, who came in as a pinch runner after Turner strained his left hamstring running out his double. "I think we needed a good offensive showing for Zack because of how well hes done for us," Ethier said. "Hes had a couple of tough losses lately, so it was good to put up some early runs for him and let him do his work." Greinke became the first Dodgers pitcher to reach double digits in wins before the All-Star break since 2007, when Brad Penny started 10-1 and finished 16-4. Matt Carpenters third-inning homer accounted for St. Louis run. The defending NL champions tried to get back in the game in the fifth, but Greinke struck out Carpenter with runners at second and third. During the Dodgers big rally, one of Lynns pitches missed Greinkes head by inches after he squared to bunt. Gordon tried to score from second on a wild pitch to Ramirez, as Yadier Molina jogged back to the screen to retrieve it. But the six-time Gold Glove winner got the ball to Lynn in time for the tag on Gordon. "Hes always trying to take the extra base, so youre always aware," Lynn said. "I didnt think that he would do it, but youve always got your eye on him just in case. I dont even know if I would have gotten three outs that inning if it werent for that one." NOTES: Rojas replaced Ramirez at SS in the third inning and Juan Uribe took over at 3B for Turner. Uribe drove in the Dodgers final two runs with a bases-loaded single in the eighth. ... Greinke has made 121 starts since committing his last error on July 16, 2010, for Kansas City. The 11-year veteran has never won a Gold Glove. ... Lynn got a victory in relief against the Dodgers in the opening game of last years NL championship series and won Game 4 in a starting role. ... The Dodgers have played nine consecutive errorless games, their longest streak since a nine-game stretch in June 2004. ... The Dodgers have hit only two homers over their last 10 games and five in their last 13, all of them solo shots. Seth Joyner Jersey . The 10-year deal the league and players agreed to that ended the 2011 lockout gave either side the right to opt out after six years. With the league projecting financial growth, there has been speculation that players will take that option in three years, especially since a new national TV contract will be in place by then. Nick Foles Youth Jersey . Everton Preview West Ham manager Sam Allardyce has been around the game long enough to not get too high when things are going well and not get too low when they arent. https://www.eaglessportsgoods.com/Womens-Desean-Jackson-Inverted-Jersey/ . -- The Atlanta Braves are facing the possibility of losing another pitcher for the season after general manager Frank Wren said Saturday that Cory Gearrin has a serious injury to his right elbow. ST. LOUIS -- The overflow crowd at Rams Park did not intimidate Michael Sam. He seemed almost eager for the attention and scrutiny. The first openly gay player drafted by an NFL team was confident and engaged Tuesday as he was formally introduced by the St. Louis Rams, handling questions and scrutiny with aplomb well beyond that of a typical seventh-round pick. "Im determined to be great," Sam said. "I understand that right now you guys want to make a big deal of it." Sam put his arm around coach Jeff Fisher after sharing the podium with other late-round picks. He joked that hed never before heard the term "tweener" and even rose in his chair in mock intimidation of fellow Missouri draftee E.J. Gaines, a sixth-rounder whod been asked what the SEC co-defensive player of the year was like as a teammate. Sam, who came out to teammates and coaches before his senior season at Missouri, disagreed that his sexuality had been a secret. "Apparently, everybody else makes a big deal out of it," Sam said. "But my teammates and my school didnt." "Its OK to be who you are," he added. "Whether youre gay, straight, black or white, its OK to be comfortable in your own skin." After getting the go-ahead from owner Stan Kroenke and making the pick Saturday, Fisher called it a "second historic moment" for a franchise that signed running back Kenny Washington in 1946 as the NFLs first black player in the modern era. Just as in his post-draft teleconference with St. Louis media that was sprinkled with salty language, Sam was feisty. Hes had a few months to get accustomed to the role of trailblazer instead of a silent star. Sure, hes a role model. Right now hed much rather be the Rams description of "designated pass rusher." "I will always support equality, period," Sam said. "But my job is to focus on football and help this team win a championship." The appearance of perhaps the most famous seventh-round pick in NFL history attracted a massive amount of people. A half-dozen TV trucks lined a crammed parking lot at Rams Park, an hour before the teams two first-round picks were due at the podium. About 80 media members attended the news conferences. Three days earlier when the Rams chose Sam with the No. 249 overall pick, the media contingent was in single digits. "Theres some energy here," general manager Les Snead said with a smile between rounds of interviews. "But I dont think this is a circus. This deserves attention, but well get it over and well get to work." Sam shared the dais with five other players taken in the sixth and seventh rounds Saturday as the draft came to a close. DeSean Jackson Eagles Jersey. Snead joked that Tennessee State centre Demetrius Rhaney, taken one pick after Sam at 250th overall, should get the first question after it got lost in the hubbub Saturday. "Im not sure anybody knows we drafted Demetrius," Snead said, adding that he hoped someday that pick 249 will someday be a footnote in sports history, and not such a big deal. For Sams subsequent solo session with reporters, he was flanked by Fisher and Snead, with Rams chief operating officer Kevin Demoff joining the group. Everyone seemed eager to embrace Sam. Second-round pick Lamarcus Joyner, a cornerback from Florida State, has never had an openly gay teammate. He applauded Sams decision. "Hes a courageous young man," Joyner said. "Hes a brave young man that we need in this organization." The teams two first-round picks were first to the podium. Offensive tackle Greg Robinson, chosen second overall, sported a bow tie. Both got their due. Both welcomed Sam to the family. Robinson and Sam did a TV commercial together for a credit card company. Aaron Donald met Sam at ceremonies for the Lombardi and Nagurski awards. "Hes a cool guy," Donald said. "Hes a football player, he works his butt off and thats what you want. You want playmakers around you and hes a playmaker. Third-round pick Tre Mason, a running back from Auburn, said Sam was a "man of his own and hes entitled to do that." "Were a team and hes also a family member to me now." Sam will put on the pads later in the week when the team holds a three-day rookie orientation, much, if not all of it, closed to the media. The Rams drafted Sam even though they didnt need help at defensive end, where they have a pair of first-round picks as starters. Robert Quinn was second in the NFL with 19 sacks last season and Chris Long has been a standout since getting chosen second overall in 2008. But the Rams were well-stocked with picks, finishing with 11 selections, putting them in unique position to make history. "Shortly before we got to our pick, Michaels value as a football player was off the charts," Fisher said. "He has an opportunity now to come in and compete to try to make our team." Sam realizes its up to him to make the most of this chance, and he bristles at the naysayers who contend hes in the NFL only because he came out. "Will I make the cut?" he said, repeating a question. "You want to find out in a couple months, huh?" ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

OTTAWA - Clarke MacArthur had a simple explanation with regards to why his Ottawa Senators couldnt claw back against the St. [ur
Having already locked up their fifth consecutive series victory, the Toronto Blue Jays will try to sweep the Tampa Bay Rays for

Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz